Saturday, October 26, 2013

Turning Vintage Russian Shawls into Infinity Scarves


 

If you love Russian shawls but do not want to have to manage a large shawl which always gets in the way, with a fringe which gets stuck in your zip fastener or caught with your buttons, our wool infinity scarves can be the perfect solution! We have invented them recently, and that is not much of an invention, of course: we just had some lovely vintage Russian shawls we wished to upcycle. Infinity seemed the most logical way to do it, as this is a very convenient shawl, without any ends you have to take care of.


Right now we are offering this beauty which I think is absolutely gorgeous. Made from a very vintage Russian shawl, which is about as beautiful as the rare "High Born Girl" shawl I have shown earlier, this endless wool scarf is hard to part with. Even though I do not wear red and pink, I am fascinated with it and I simply wish to look at it and to touch it forever - funny, is not it? The scarf is light, soft, warm and beautiful: what else is to be desired? That shawl was a wonderful sample of its breed, with its bright glowing roses and modest field flowers. I am happy that my mother was able to lend a new life to it - otherwise it would be wasted.


When I touch it, I think that it is as precious as soft spun gold.  The noble fine wool is 30 years old or more, and it is still soft and supple. The print is simply amazing, in the best traditions of the famous Pavlovo Posad Manufacture: the lines are clean and precise, like in Japanese prints, but the colors absolutely Russian: they are bright enough to warm you on the darkest winter night in Siberia. It is funny I am so attached to this particular endless scarf, but it is one of the best scarves we have ever had, and my heart melts when I look at its beauty.


It is one of a kind, as the shawl was very old and I do not expect to find another one. There will be others, but not like this one - they will be different, though equally unique.

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to upcycle the shawl! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and I am so glad to see you after I have been silent for a while!

      Delete
  2. This one is so pretty! Well I'm still hoping you will find me my perfect blue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! I love the way it is draped in the bottom picture.

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...