Thursday, November 15, 2012

Another Find: My Green Majolica Plate



I found this vintage majolica plate at the flea market a couple of years ago. The man who sold it to me could not tell me anything about its origin. I am sure it is European, but there are just two digits instead of a factory mark. Maybe this is a replica of a plate produced by a large factory? The design is quite sophisticated and seems very professional to me.


I would appreciate any views and ideas regarding origins of the plate - I am very curious!

5 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your finds and, especially, your discriptions:)))
    Iryna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the tone of the green...what a find.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful detail! I love this shade of green.

    I wonder if there is an antique collectors' message board where you can ask about the plate.

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...