Friday, September 26, 2014

The Warm Feeling of Having Made Something Nice

Sometimes you make something and understand immediately that it is a good thing. You keep looking at it, pleased with yourself and with a warm feeling somewhere in your chest. This infinity scarf made from a vintage Russian shawl is like that; it gives me the warm feeling of a small but important achievement.


 
This was one of the batch of vintage shawls I found recently. Many of them were in very good condition, but this one was badly damaged. However it was so beautiful that I had to have it. I took a photo for the collection, and then we turned the shawl into a scarf for someone to wear and enjoy.



Yes, this was a lovely shawl, never worn, and I could not leave it where I found it. Instead, I brought it home to give it another chance of being worn and loved. You can find it in our Etsy shop and I guess it will not be there for long.

6 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I'm glad you turned it into something new so it can be enjoyed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful colors! So bright and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shawls are so beautiful that they can be mounted onto a stretcher and used as a design for interior decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I have been thinking about it! When I find a suitable shawl which I can spare, I will come to you for advice re framing. I know you know everything about it!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, ladies! I am happy the shawl was not just discarded - it deserves another chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your shop! Idea, color and fashion - all work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...