Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Silk Caftan Tunic, a Simple Beauty of Uzbek Ikat

My mother has developed another simple and nice design. It is nothing special, really, and nothing new - a very classic caftan tunic made from lush Uzbek ikat silk. What is important is how it sits and how he fabric moves with the wearer. And it is very minimal, so that not to cut the lovely silk too much.


I love to see her work; it is amusing to watch her thinking, sketching, talking to herself, patting the fabric as if it were a cat... The tunic is nice, voluminous and free flowing - a perfect design to show off the wild beauty of Uzbek silk.  


I love to look at these strange and barbaric ikat prints; many of these elements are inheritance of the dark pagan times when they had certain meaning. Some were for protection, others - for good fortune, fertility or longevity.


I certainly hope that this ikat silk dress will bring good fortune and longevity and all the best to the new owner. It can be found in our Etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. I love the simple design. Really shows off the fabric nicely. And it looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Originally, I'm from the same place as your item here:) I have this look a like caftan in my closet... lol

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...