Friday, January 9, 2015

Russian Style: a Short Russian Scarf for Men or Women

I was browsing photos in my archive and this collage seemed to appear on its own - it virtually assembled itself. I just had to put these photos together.


(Left - St. Petersburg, Russia (source); upper right - fashion by Natasha Glazkova (source); bottom right - short wool scarf by MulberryWhisper).

A beautiful collage, is not it? The view of the churches is stunning; the Russian costume is lavish; and our wool scarf made from a vintage Russian shawl looks like it belongs here, too. 

This is our first experiences with mens' scarves, or maybe we should call them unisex, as, of course, they can be worn by women just as well. They are double layered, cosy and bright, in the best traditions of Pavlovo Posad shawls. This shorter Russian scarf can be found in our Etsy shop, MulberryWhisper, and there are others to follow. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Eugenie
    Do you have a large database of ordinary Russian photos like buildings, houses, street scenes, art, etc.? We are looking for photos from Russia for our blog http://perypatetik.blogspot.com/ and work on transposing emblems (www.transposing.net).
    Kind regards,
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Angelika, thank you very much for asking. However I am afraid I cannot be of much use as Iive in Uzbekistan, not in Russia.

      Delete
  2. Lovely collage! I have always enjoyed Russian artwork and architect. Thanks for visiting both my blogs! I was going to answer through email, but I have lost your address. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful scarf, and the ajoining photos do add a atmospheric touch to it. A beautiful collage.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collage! and your new unisex scarf fits perfectly there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...