Sunday, April 12, 2015

Decadent Beauty of Dry Roses

I am always sad when it is time to say good-bye to flowers. This time it was a beautiful bouquet of tiny pink roses. I had no heart to throw it away, so I let the flowers dry. But then, I do not like dry flowers just standing in a vase, because they get covered with dust and also start breaking and producing litter. So, I asked my daughter for help, and we made a very convenient dry bouquet by placing all flowers in the round glass vase. 


My mother gasped when she saw it today. I, too, find it very beautiful - in a quieter way. It also has a vintage feel.


I scented the contents with the Peace Blend by Edens Garden; it is a very nice soothing blend of Chamomile, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lavandin, Petitgrain, Tagates and Vetiver essential oils. Now it stands on my dresser, slowly giving the scent away.


This is my first experience with dry roses. I now want some yellow ones, for a larger vase, to put in the living room. What do you think? Do you like these dry bouquets in containers?

6 comments:

  1. This is something I wouldn't have thought of, but it looks amazing!
    :-)
    Life’s Open Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flower potpourri - that is gorgeous, Eugenie!
    And stylish photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little roses are so pretty. It was such a great idea to save them! I have several lidded glass containers with dried plants inside. It is almost like a botanical study! :) Brazilian berries, little pine cones, exotic seed pods... I love the looks of them, I think they are gorgeous. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...