Friday, March 18, 2016

Russian Scarf For a Picky Girl

My daughter is very picky about her clothing, so when she asked for a Russian scarf I knew I had a problem. I told her that I needed some time to think and choose. As she is just nine, I did not want a very classic looking scarf, and certainly not a black or red one. I was looking for something more subtle, to go well with grey and beige shades that she loves. Finally, I found this: Amber Evening ("Янтарный вечер"), a smaller sized scarf (34 inches or 89 cm), which seems to fill the bill. Its soft grey background and orangey-creamy roses look good with Madina's own subtle colours.


What I especially love about Russian shawls is their versatility. It suddenly became cold? Cover your head with it!


..And when it becomes warm again, you can just drape it around your shoulders. Or fold it and put into your purse. My daughter is an expert now, and she is the only girl in her class who has a scarf like this - not something synthetic.


I do not have a scarf like this for sale, but I have many others in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. oh how sweet! she is beautiful in her new scarf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I will tell her! She is so proud of it!

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...