Sunday, July 17, 2016

Uzbek Suzani Pillows in the Colours of Fruits and Flowers

If I could wear these suzani pillows on a necklace, I totally would. They might be the most beautiful pillows we have had to date. They are made from a very vintage suzani and I just love them. They truly convey the spirit of traditional Uzbek embroidery. The raised design and rich colours make them especially attractive. Their colour scheme makes me think of Uzbek fruits which are incredibly sweet and fragrant. 


It looks a bit like a hooked rug to me. Actually the technique is quite similar.



We thought that denim was a good addition to the suzani. It is so modest, a perfect frame for the ornate embroidery. These embroidered cushion covers will look amazing in a vintage or bohemian room adding a spicy accent. They look fantastic next to my Tabriz rug, too. And of course they are stunning when placed next to a Russian shawl!



As I now have a traditional Uzbek house in the countryside, I think I am keeping one pair of these. Another pair is on sale in our Etsy shop here.


4 comments:

  1. These pillows are so beautiful!
    Love them,colorfull and cute!
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They are truly amazing! and the colors looks perfect with the Russia shawl in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have many pillows in the world. But I like most the Uzbek Suzani Pillow most among all of the pillows. Because its pure design and it's architecture charms me very much. So, in my bedroom I try to keep these Uzbek Suzani pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...