Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Antique Central Asian Textiles: Alive and Bright Beauty


A couple of days ago I went for a walk with a friend of mine who is a dealer in antiques. He mostly buys and sells Uzbek, Turkoman (Turkmen) and Kyrgyz rugs and carpets, as well as suzani and other textiles - adras, khan atlas, shoyi and other silk and blend fabrics traditionally made in Uzbekistan and neighboring countries. He maintains a very interesting group in Facebook called 'Uzbek Suzani', with lots of pictures and information, and is very knowledgeable; I love reading his explanations.

He certainly told me about the items in the photo (the photo is made by me, the items are his), but I already have forgotten (that is because the report I am translating now erases everything bright and beautiful from my mind, filling it with legal jargon and figures). I think I will ask him about them again and write down the answers... But they are beautiful, anyway, are not they? They feel alive and real.

I have more pictures and will share them after I get rid of the report, that is, if I survive it.

1 comment:

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...