Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Elvish Stole by Galafilc

This is something I must share immediately if I do not want to explode! Galina of galafilc on Etsy has made a felted scarf for me - I believe it is the most beautiful, unique and unusual scarf in the world!

I asked her for something easy to wear. I love greens and grays, and wear them a lot; my working wardrobe is mostly solids, and I wanted a scarf with a pattern. It was not difficult to decide what I wanted; Galina has a number of very elvish-looking pieces, like these mittens, and I wanted something fit for an elf or a dryad, too. I know I do not look like an elf, for those are 'inhumanly beautiful', unlike myself, but I still want something elf-worthy sometimes... so why limit myself?

I asked for a large felted shawl or stole with a vegetative pattern. I love fruits and berries, so I wanted the shawl to be like cranberry in the moss, and the colors had to be green, gray and a bit of red.  In response, Galina made a piece which far exceeded my expectations.



I just cannot tell you how much I like it. It is huge - 80x18 inches - and I am sure it will be heavenly soft to the touch. And warm. I need a generous and warm shawl for the office, and with this one I will feel like a dryad living in a magic forest. I adore the colors of grass and moss, and the red drops of berries. I hope the scarf will not be making me forget that I am at the contract negotiations and not at a gathering of ents. The shawl also has two 'magic tails' for making wishes, those orange in color. I am sure they will work!

I am amazed at how well Galina understood what I wanted and made even more and better than what I had in mind... she is a wonderful artist who seems to be a mind reader, too. I know the shawl will be even better live, and now I am only concerned about surviving until it gets to me. In addition, Galina is lightning fast; she decided on the design yesterday, produced it yesterday and shipped today! pity the mail is not as fast as her...

...For other dryads and elves - those who prefer shades of autumn leaves and wet earth - she has a scarf which might be equally amazing. I am just fortunate that its colors are not good for my complexion, otherwise I would have to buy it. It is quite different from mine, but just as unique and ecological in style, with amazing texture and colors.

And, of course, there are many other beautiful things at galafilc. I enjoy just browsing the shop now and then. The teapot purses are my favorites and I keep thinking... no, I am afraid I should limit myself for a while. 

Now, I am tired of emotions. I will go to bed, thinking of my scarf traveling a long road to me... Galina, thank you so very much! Hope it arrives soon. I know I will love it - I already do!

9 comments:

  1. That shawl-stole IS indeed heavenly beautiful!!!!
    I am a fan and admirer of Galina's work, she is incredibly talented and I really admire her plastic use of felt, which she is able to turn into stunning pieces of wearable art!
    We want to see you wearing it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, thank you )) As soon as it arrives, I will have photos taken - I am so much looking forward!

      Delete
  2. Wow...that's quite a work of art! You'll have so much fun wearing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe I will need to cover part of my hair green to match the scarf )

      Delete
  3. Galina is really great at felting :) I love her work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had anything felted, but I am sure I will love this. I already do!

      Delete
  4. spectacular! Galina makes wonderful items!

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...