Friday, October 9, 2015

A Magical Sighthound in the Imaginary Garden


I was drawing this watercolour with my friends in mind; they have sighthounds and I adore those dogs. One friend has Saluki, and another one has a racing bred Afghan hound which means less hair and more muscles and temperament, simply put. However, the dog in the picture looks more like a greyhound which is okay as it is a sighthound, too.

I wanted to make the picture look somewhat medieval in style, and I tried to remember all the paintings, miniatures and tapestries I have seen which were relevant. This is magical dog in the imaginary garden, as you can see, and I wanted the garden to be as full of beautiful things as possible.



This was my first attempt after a long while. Basically, I wanted to remember how to do it. Of course the picture is not as it was planned, as I am still very clumsy after many years of not drawing and painting, but I enjoyed the process immensely. Now I have some other projects in mind, and I think it will be easier technically.

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, Eugenie !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Sometimes the process is more important than the finished piece (though I like your finished piece, too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. nonetheless, it is lovely! You HAVE captured a magical feeling and a garden of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nonetheless, it is lovely! You HAVE captured a magical feeling and a garden of beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...