Sunday, October 4, 2015

Flowers Dreaming of the Sea

During our morning walk today, I paid close attention to the flowerbeds in the local park. Funnily, I have never thought before that these flowers look very much like sea plants. These silvery leaves covered with silky velvet - are not they just like corals?



And here we even have ray fish or manta. We cannot see them clearly as they float smoothly but fast and hide in the overgrowth.


I do not know what these would be called, either under the sea or here on the ground. But they are definitely very sea-like to me. I can see them swaying in the water, moving slowly with the tide.



This flower would be a precious creamy pearl, glowing softly and mysteriously.



And tagetes... the only flower I know here - shame on me... tagetes definitely looks like parrot fish to me. However, its astringent scent reminds me where I am. I know there are people who cannot stand the scent of tagetes, but I adore its autumnal bitterness. It is sobering and calming down; a very grounding scent. I touch the leaves briefly and tell Jager that it is time to move on.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots. They do look a bit like the belong under the sea :)
    The first ones almost look snow-covered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL photos!!! I especially love the bright pink against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful ! Both - flowers and photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...