Monday, March 9, 2015

Life Saving Carb Bomb: The Easiest Chocolate Banana Recipe Ever

...I have just saved my own life. 

No, seriously. Here I am sitting at home, working on a very boring report - and I cannot even complain about its content because it is so secret - and suddenly realising that I am starving. And I need not just any food, but a large amount of hydrocarbons. I had a couple of rather nervous meetings today, and it is cold outside, and I haven't slept well at night, and obviously all that combined led me to the feeling "I am going to die right now if I do not eat something sweet!". 

I contemplated bananas but realised they would not be enough. Cheese would be slightly better but it is not sweet. Chocolate would be perfect but that means I would have to get dressed and go out, and I do not want that. I am dying, remember? And certainly no energy and time to bake a cake (remember, there is also the report).

So, I was thinking for several minutes and had this brilliant idea - Chocolate Bananas! I know this is nothing new, but I haven't done this before. I remembered a recipe of chocolate icing which I knew for ages, and here you are! the Life Saving Carb Bomb! I consumed it in a moment and immediately felt better. Please bear in mind that I am nothing as a food photographer, so it might look terrible, but it tasted delicious.


The recipe is extremely simple, I guess everyone knows it, but I will share it just in case you do not.

Cooking Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

Cocoa Powder - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Butter, Melted - 4 tbsp
Milk - 6 tbsp

Process: 

Put sugar and cocoa in a deep bowl and mix well, otherwise you will get clumps in your icing. You need to add 2 or 3 tbsp of milk into this mix (taking them from the total amount of 6 tbsp). Mix this well into a uniform paste.

In the meantime, put the remaining milk and butter into another bowl which can be heated, and heat them until the butter melts.

After that, add your chocolate and sugar paste into that bowl with milk and butter. The fire should be very low. Mix that until you get uniform chocolate cream.

Take a banana, peel it, slice it with trembling hands. You can put the slices in the bowl and pour the icing on top. You can put the banana slices on plate, and then have the icing in a deep bowl, and dip your banana slices into that bowl. You can... you can even eat the banana and drink the icing! Whatever you feel comfortable with. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...