Sunday, March 8, 2015

Our Walk in Botanical Gardens

We have had a wonderful walk in the Botanical Garden today. It is still almost bare, but beautiful nonetheless, with plenty of new fresh grass, violets and some trees in bloom. Those trees stand out against the dark brown and gray background and it is a lovely view.

Right after the entrance, we were greeted by the arrow-wood. I have never seen it in bloom before, because I do not go to the Garden that early in the spring. Next year I will. The arrow-wood has the most wonderful fragrance.


My daughter and sister skated around. Madina (daughter) is still getting used to these after the child's model she used before (with wheels in two rows) and falls from time to time. But overall she is doing well. Has not hurt herself, and enjoyed the ride.


I spent several minutes with the violets, still covered in raindrops after the night rain...



...and then ran to catch up with the others.



Then I was delayed by this lovely tree. I am not even sure what it is. Looks a bit like cherry tree...


This... I do not know what this is, either. The white ones are lady's purse, and what about the blue ones? We have a lot of these in the cemetery, they always seem gloomy to me, but here in the meadow they appeared more cheerful.


We played frisbee, and then I took a break to take a couple of photos.

Madina's emotions are priceless! She is 8 years old now.


Katherine is always cool, calm and collected. With her Black Belt in Taekwondo, she has stunning muscles. She was awarded the belt just recently. Katherine is 14 now.


...And after play the family decided to have a rest on the grass.





I think Madina does look quite like her Papa, especially with this grumpy look.


Why buy a pillow when the Papa is there?


...And then it was time to go home. These several hours were very well spent, and we agreed to visit the Gardens again in a couple of weeks to see new flowers that will be there by then.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! Great photos. There is nothing more important than creating memories by spending time with the people you love. And it looks like the papa in your family is loved as much as the papa in our family! Precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheryl! I recently recognised we had too little family photos, and now I am filling the gap. Children are growing so fast! And yes, our papa is as much loved as yours, and I am very happy that we have him and not some other papa. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed watching the pictres!
    lovely garden, lovely flowers and lovely family,you have so beautiful girls.
    I have two sons,one lives in Paris(the youngest)and the other is here with me in tunisia untill january 2016 when he will do his military engagement in Finland.The time pass so fast,I stil feel them like my babies.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena, thank you for your kind words! It is true that time passes very fast - even frighteningly so - I slightly miss the time when my daughter was smaller because I feel I did not enjoy that period as much as I could. If I am fortunate enough to have another child, I know I will take more pleasure in the first year of his or her life. And I think I need to spend as much time with family as possible, it is so easy to get disconnected with all the stress and large amounts of work.

      How interesting that you live in Tunisia, were you born there? And what is your son doing in France - studying or working?

      ....Have a nice week, too!

      Delete
  3. I love your post and what a great day out with your family. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a lovely day out and you've shared some wonderful pictures. You have a beautiful family and your daughter is adorable!

    Capturing nature and then returning to it once time has passed is always interesting because things change so quickly as the seasons progress - I wonder what the garden will look like when you visit again.
    :-)
    Life’s Open Pages

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...