Sunday, September 4, 2016

Autumn is Here


“Still Life With Birds And Fruit, And A Cat” by Frans Snyders, Antwerp 1579 – 1657

I was in the mood to look at some works by old Flemish painters today. I think that this one, by Frans Snyders, is my favorite at this point - an epitome of ripe and mellow autumn. Note the cat on the right! I also made an Etsy Treasury today that reflects the same mood, even if the color match is not perfect. Still, the same colors, rich but subdued, and the poetry of an overgrown garden full of last autumn roses and overripe fruit. You can see the full version with active links here


10 comments:

  1. Hello Eugenie,
    *Here in Tunisia it is still so hot, but I love the autumn seasoon and really love this painting.
    Have a nice sunday!
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/


    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit hot in Uzbekistan, too, but not that bad already. Wishing you a wonderful autumn!

      Delete
  2. I love the changing seasons, and summer into fall is my favorite. This painting, and your treasury really capture fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clare! Our summer is so hot and tiring, autumn comes as a relief. I am glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely painting! It certainly has many of my favorites - cat, birds, fruits, and flowers all in rich autumn colors. I also love your Treasury collection. A great reflection of the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, thank you very much! I am glad you liked the post.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely painting! And I love the cat cat peeking in on the happenings! :) Autumn is my favorite season, and even though we have a few weeks of heat left, I'm looking forward to cooler weather and beautiful color changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thank you! I am glad that you like it. To me, autumn comes as a relief every year, it is my favorite season, too.

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful finds! They go very well together. :)

    ❀Riah
    The Wanderful Soul Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riah, I am glad that you like them!

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...