Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Summer Twilight: Perfection of a Classic Russian Shawl

This classic Russian shawl is called A Summer Twilight. A very appropriate name, as it does remind of a garden where fragrant flowers are glowing in the dark. The artists' name is Klara Zinovieva; she was one of the most significant and prolific designers at the Pavlovo Posad Manufacture.



Klara Zinovieva was famous for her wildflowers and grasses. Of course, her roses are gorgeous in their regal beauty, but it is the smaller flowers that make this shawl so charming, in my view. I especially love this small golden branches which look so fragile and lend a lot of elegance to the design. 



And then there are paisley, another very favorite element for me. They make the scarf more festive, giving it that very folk look that I treasure so much. This is not just any botanical scarf - this is a traditional Russian shawl, which is something larger. An array of many cultural influences and layers of history. 



This is the case when I cannot ramble much. What can you say about a very perfect piece of art? Any words are less expressive and true than the shawl itself. I can only hope you like it as much as I do. You can buy the shawl in our MulberryWhisper shop on Etsy; we only have one, There are more photos of it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...