Friday, February 13, 2015

The Russian Shawl That Has to Be Loved: Black Eyes

Everyone knows the saying "You cannot be liked by everyone!". Well, this Russian shawl definitely disproves the statement. I have yet to see the person who does not love this shawl from the first sight. As a rule, everyone who sees it, says "Ah!" and "Oh!" and "Where did you get it?" and "May I touch it?"

This stunning shawl, designed by a very talented Valeriya Fadeeva of the Pavlovo Posad Manufacture (the famous old Russian shawl production center) just has to be loved. You cannot help it.  I start taking pictures for the shop and spend an hour, staring at this shawl; I take fifty photos even though fifteen is usually enough; and then I just cannot put it away. I have to look at it just a bit longer.


The lavish flowers, that seem to be glowing from inside; the coral berries which are so ripe and smooth; the lacy leaves, some green and some in autumnal yellows and oranges; and even Queen Ann's lace or some similar wild flowers - all of them just grow on you. This exquisite shawl is rich in patterns and meanings like a medieval book on Botanic; start looking and you cannot stop, you just keep turning pages. 


This fine and supple wool drapes nicely. It is lightweight and seasonless, and very nice to the touch. As you can imagine, the shawl can be worn with a variety of outfits, and it will always be noticed and admired.




There are many ways to wear Russian shawls.  I wear mine as scarves, headscarves, stoles, wraps - whatever I fancy. You can also use pins and shawl rings to make your shawl wearing experience more comfortable. This one is particularly easy to wear, being lightweight and not oversized.





We offer this beauty for sale in our Mulberry Whisper shop on Etsy.  We also have other Russian shawls and scarves there, if you are interested, and will have new vintage arrivals soon!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Stephie, thank you so much! I am so glad you like it, too!

      Delete
  2. My fathers side is Romanian and I love this shawl are there others. You should post some of your wears. Very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have Romanian ancestors? How interesting and romantic! Yes, I have many shawls, you can use the tag Russian shawl under the post... or this link - http://www.mulberrywhisper.com/search/label/Russian%20shawl

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...