Sunday, February 8, 2015

First Snowdrops

It feels like spring has come to Tashkent; snowdrops appeared all of a sudden. Just two days ago they were not there.

I like them when they are closed; they look so demure and remind me of pearls.


I also like the contrast between these fresh, strong and young plant creatures and dead leaves from last autumn.


These are growing in a sunlit spot. They are visited by bees and butterflies and you can even hear a low humming.



I only spent a few minutes with the flowers, but this short time was full of quiet happiness. It would be good for all of us to have more of such moments, especially if we live in large cities and are always in a hurry. We need to find time to stand and stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...