Thursday, September 6, 2012

Autumn Silk

My friend asked me what vintage silks we had in stock which would be in the autumn mood, and which are not ikat.

Of course, we have plenty, because we are crazy collectors and buy a piece of silk whenever we see one. Given that it is beautiful, of course. Many of those pieces will not be offered in our shop - for instance, I will not part with my decadent black silk chiffon with mellow fruits and flowers, just like I had to keep one tunic of black, green and white silk chiffon to myself. (Of course there is still a small top from that silk for sale in the shop, but if it does not sell I keep it).

So, these are the autumn silks I currently have at home (click to see full size). Most of these are enough even for a dress, but none are in the amount sufficient for mass production. Which is perfectly fine with us. 


 And we still have a piece of the beautiful autumn colored silk with leaves like this, and can make a tunic similar to the one below or a blouse, or something else. Galina of Galafilc (upscale felt clothing and accessories) looks happy in the picture, and we are happy, too. Of course she has chosen the color wisely - it looks great on her (it is not surprising, given her perfect taste and sense of style, and we were very honored to make a custom order for her).


 If you fancy any of these fabrics, do not hesitate to write to me. It will be a pleasure for my mother to make a custom piece of clothing for you, based on your individual measurements and a pattern she will make herself. She loves it.


5 comments:

  1. Oooh, these are gorgeous! There is so much potential in them, your silks are lovely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you! We are often asked why we collect them - we could buy modern ones. But these are unique and alive...

      Delete
  2. All these patterns are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is why we cannot stop buying :)

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...