Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hope it Is OK to Steal Your Widget

It can be really useful to look carefully at others' blogs - not just for the content, but also for widgets.

I often read Memoriesforlifescrapbooks - Edi has a lovely style of writing, her photos are very good, and the blog is just nice to visit. Somehow it has a very homely and cozy feel. She is a very nice and friendly person, too - always responds to comments and says thank you for Treasuries (she even posts them on her blog with links to the curators!). Who would not want to include her items? And, of course, they ask to be included, being beautiful and stylish, and with excellent pictures - take a look at her shop, memoriesforlifesb.

...I know I can never be short in my writing - bear with me. I will try to be more consise.

So, I found an interesting widget at the left sidebar of her blog. It looks a bit like the one provided by the Craftcult, but simpler in design. I followed the link to the source, and found this - http://cr8tivity.com.

Looks like the place is fool of useful things. I have not checked all of them yet, but I like the 'Shop Helper' that produces a downloadable Excel inventory of all items in the shop. '...It contains the columns Listing Id, State, Title, Creation Date, Number of Views, Price, Expiration Date, Quantity, Section Title, Sold?, Listing Fee, Selling Fee, Shipping Fee, and Date Sold'.  I will think of how to incorporate it into my Excel based accounting system; I am sure it can be done.

So, Edi, I have to thank you for this widget, too.  I will certainly be around.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your kind words about my blog and shop :)
    I'm glad you found the widget useful. cr8tivity is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your blog and shop are really useful for me.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for such a useful post. I found many pretty things at this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! Hope you find it useful, too.

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...