Sunday, September 9, 2012

What Is This?

I need to take a break and have some rest from the shop. I mean, a couple of hours. 

In the meantime, I want to ask my vintage loving friends - what is this thing in the photos below? I found this tin in the flee market a couple of weeks back. My mother said: "Why do you think you need this garbage? Do not buy!" but then she took a closer look and agreed that it was a lovely shabby chic piece. 

However we do not know what is is. I thought it might be a tea tin; my friend thinks it is a biscuit tin. My daughter thinks it was used to store candies. What do you say?

The most informative comments will be inserted in the post with due credits and links to your shops, blogs and whatever you want me to give a link to. Thank you!



10 comments:

  1. you made me smile, I think Indian tea tin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you expected to find an emerald necklace, the question being whether it is by Cartier or Tiffany? ) Our flea markets do not carry those... Thank you for supporting my version!

      Delete
  2. At first I thought it was a cookie tin, but after seeing the birds on top, I'm thinking it was for loose leaf tea.

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is Soviet made and never heard that we had cookies in tins here... that's another argument... but my friend is adamant :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with tea tin. I think those are phoenixes (phoenixi?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the plural, too :) To be on the safe side, I will just say it must be them, yes.

      If it was made in USSR, then those are Zhar Ptitza (Fire Bird - a well known mythical bird from Russian folklore).

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking loose leaf tea as well. The tins are used so much for that purpose. It must keep it fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryl. I think I could keep my Masala tea there.

      Delete
  5. I'm giving my vote for candies :) I think your daughter is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot be serious :))))) I will tell her she has a supporter.

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...