Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beloved Pastels and Neutrals

We are introducing another direction to our shop. Along with bright and bold statement ikat fabrics, we are now going to present more silk ikat fabrics in pastel shades. They are not easy to find, and I am afraid it might be difficult for me to part with them. However, my closet is not limitless, and there are only so many days in the year. I cannot keep everything I like.

Yesterday I had another photo shoot and replaced old photos of this scarf that I have had for a while. I was so happy while taking the pictures, and so engaged - I forgot to have breakfast, and then I only had lunch at 4pm. And all that was after a sleepless night (I was finishing a large translation).

...But it was a bliss! Look at the pictures of my ikat silk scarf in pastels, with 100 inch strand of freshwater pearls, and believe me that it was much better in real life. It is so sublime, with soft pastel colors and elegant lace like pattern, but still feels earthy and organic, due to the handwoven nature of this smooth and cool shoyi silk.

 (the scarf is here)

I am very happy to have a motivation for taking pictures again. I lost interest a while ago, and was mostly taking photos of the kids (including my dog), but now I am really interested in taking great pictures for the shop and this blog. I know there is a huge scope for improvement, but I am working on it, and it feels great.



13 comments:

  1. Очень нежно и красиво !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Галь, спасибо! рада, что нравится!

      Delete
  2. I like pastel colors, very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed working on this scarf - I love its subtlety.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a pleasant change - I became somewhat tired of bright ikat silks. From now on, I will carry both types.

      Delete
  4. The scarf looks beautiful and your new photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Edi! I am very glad you like them! I feel like I have achieved something; I really struggled with photos. At some point I gave up, saying I had no conditions to shoot in my small studio. But then I decided to make another eefort, and it was worth it. I am so happy!

      Your own photos made me jealous and served as a motivation for improvement, too - they are excellent!

      Delete
  5. So tender and feminine... love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! As a lace maker, you certainly know what tender means :) and I appreciate!

      Delete
  6. So wonderful, feminime and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am especially delighted that you like them, given your impeccable taste!

      Delete
  7. It looks so beautiful , I like how these pearls match your scarf , so elegantly . Well done !

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...