Monday, September 24, 2012

Joined the Movement


I saw this button at the Muddy Boot Dreams and could not believe my eyes at first - someone made a button and started a movement! Brilliant! I do love to read interesting blogs, and love to comment, and I hate it when I have to fight with this word verification Cerberus. As a rule, I do not leave meaningless comments for the sake of establishing my presence; I usually try to make them informative and share something, and it often takes me a while to write a comment. After spending more that 30 seconds on writing the comment, the necessity of deciphering the tangled symbols can be quite irritating. I try once, twice, and then leave - often to never be back.

You can read more on the topic and grab the button here.

8 comments:

  1. спасибо, Женя, за статью. сама мучаюсь с этими словами. мне бы пригодилась кнопка.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. А, заходи сюда почаще, никакой капчи противной нет и не будет )) Это же ужас - три раза пытаюсь отправить комментарий, и три раза не получается!

      Delete
  2. I removed the word verification from my blog a few months ago, when it got so complicated that you usually have to try a couple of times... So my blog is word verification free too!
    I removed the possibility to leave anonymous comments, and since then I haven't got one single spam comment!
    YAY for word verification free blogs! :)
    I will grab the button and add it to my blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! Yes, your blog is not only interesting and beautiful, but also commenter-friendly )

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear that another blogger has joined the movement, it's well worth it.

    Thanks to Beatrice Banks for creating the button that so many bloggers are using.
    Unfortunately I just can't figure out the word verification, and I don't leave comments on blogs that have it, more and more bloggers are doing that also.

    After almost 4 years I changed my comment form to no anonymous comments, and my spam has gone down dramatically.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that the spam filter here is very efficient and I hope this will be the case in the future. Anyway, I prefer removing spam to preventing my readers from commenting.

      Delete
  4. I hate Word Verification as well! I haven't had one on my blog for quite some time and hardly ever have trouble with spam. And my spam filter usually catches it if I do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it is good to have another confirmation. Your blog is indeed very comfortable for reading and commenting.

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...