Thursday, September 6, 2012

Creatures of Hollowbourne

I know I promised not to make any shop reviews. You can find enough around and I personally become somewhat tired of reviews, sponsors, etc. No sponsors here, promise.

And this is not a review. I just have to share these amazing, funny, cute and very different creatures I have just stumbled upon while looking for something to give to my sister. She will be 12 in November (and will be 35 in December, by the way - how to you like the gap? Same parents).









To say 'I like them' would mean not to say anything. I am smashed by the fox's nose (she looks a bit like ant-eater) and her tail; by the sweet smile of the hug me cat, by the huge eyes of the hanging black and white cat (ever seen a cat hung like that? their eyes look exactly like this) and the lonesome thoughtful bird. And then comes the dragon! The small happy dragon! with the paws, sticking in front of him in the most hilarious way, and with a fiercely happy smile, and altogether he is a bit like a turkey!...

I am exhausted of admiration. I looked up the artist's name - it is Mandy Hollowell, and she has a blog here. I will go and look for more dragons now. I might buy one for myself, I am still young enough for them!

Update: The first two readers said they loved the bird (they call it crow) most of all. As for me, I am drawn to the fox and the dragon. And what is your favorite?  Please share!

...The majority voted for the bird.

And today my mother came to visit me and of course I demonstrated my finds to her, too. She was thrilled (especially with the Hug Me Cat and the Happy Dragon - we have very similar tastes). Now she is asking if Mandy could make a unicorn for my sister. Katherine's favorite book is The Talking Parcel by Gerald Durrell (I wrote about it here), and there are unicorns, so she will be happy to have one.

19 comments:

  1. Чудесная находка :) Ворона потрясающая, пошла и я погуляю по блогу Мэнди

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. А мне даже не знаю кто больше всего нравится - наверное, лиса и дракон.

      Delete
  2. Ой какие все хорошенькие !!! А мне эта ворона :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Тебе тоже ворона? Смотри-ка, ворона пока в лидерах )) посмотрим, что скажут следующие )))

      Delete
  3. Wow! they are really cute! I want them all and I don't know how to keep me away and do not buy them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like more fox and bird, but also dragon is to attractive! uuuh

    ReplyDelete
  5. A crow, again? Is anyone going to vote for the dragon?...

    ReplyDelete
  6. А мне кот нравится, за шкирку подвешенный)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hanging cat, yes, it is cute. What about my dragon?

      Delete
  7. My favorite is the Hug Me Cat! He makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him too, he looks a bit like my Armenian grandfather when I come to visit him :)

      Delete
  8. I am sorry, Eugenie , but my vote for crow.. )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your lovely write up, and the comments from everyone else. (google translation service is a wonderful thing!)I'm glad they made you smile as that is my aim. I've never thought of my small feathery chick as a crow before, however I draw him he always looks a little sad. I'll let you in on a secret, he is that strange shape because the first one I made was drawn in the space left between some cat legs and as he seems popular I've had made about 9 more since the first one.
    Thank you again and cheers Mandy H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy! I am glad you liked the write-up; I wrote because I was really impressed. You could write fairy tales with these creatures as characters.

      ...Can you tell me anything about the dragon please?

      Delete
  10. I like the golden cat most. He is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like him very much, too. The face is amazing!

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...