Sunday, September 30, 2012

Epic Picture: Father Talking to the Road Policeman


I realize that you know more about my dog than about my daughter. This is not because I love the dog more; I just tend to be quite reserved about the baby publicly. Anyway, I have a daughter, her name is Madina and she is 6 years old. She loves doing many things including drawing and telling stories.

She drew this epic picture a couple of days ago. When asked to explain, she said that the man on the left was her father, handing the Road Rules Manual to the road policeman (right). (It is my husband's hobby to educate our road police; I hear you cannot argue with a road policeman in the US, but here we have to argue if we do not want to be fined for nothing, and my husband is an expert. He even provides advice to a number of friends, in real time, over the phone, saving them from fines.) So, in this picture he is educating the policeman who is standing with a puzzled look, with a traffic radar in hand.

Madina firmly believes that her father is the greatest, strongest and smartest, and that he will make all road policemen 'more clever'. Let us hope that all people around become 'more clever'; I, too, have a huge scope for improvement.

12 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it. It's always fun to see how they interpret their parents' behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try recording things she is saying. She is so funny! Sadly, much of that cannot be translated... I lack the skills.

      Delete
  2. That's great - and it's good to hear that policemen allow themselves to get educated publicly, anyway. Your daughter's picture is real proof of it!! Lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, our policemen really need education. People joke that my husband should be paid for this work. At least in several districts of the city frequented by us they became somewhat more reasonable. You cannot imagine how corrupt they are here ((( the folk jokes say they should not be paid salary because they are self0financing and very successful in it...

      Delete
  3. Madina is a beautiful name. She is very talented and obviously loves you both very much. What a great photo of her dad talking with the policeman.
    Thank you for your kind visits/comments to my blog. It is a great pleasure to know you through blogging. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mildred! I am not sure about her artistic talents, but she is certainly sweet.

      It is always a pleasure for me to visit your blog. Your Trixie and Harriet are so lovely! Please send my best regards to John and take care.

      Delete
  4. This is too cute!
    Trying to educate a police officer is definitely not a good idea in the US...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what they say )) However ours are not like yours. I am not sure you can give a bribe to a US police officer to avoid a fine for overspeeding or something like that, whereas ours are very much self-financing. And very often they just make up a case, and less experienced or assertive people cannot manage the situation.

      Delete
  5. Love it! Your daughter must be a very attentive child :)
    Actually I think it is wise not too post about your daughter too much on the internet - I've heard horrendous stories from other mothers (creepy people out there, you know).
    Over here we try to argue with the police, but usually fail!
    best wishes,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Duni, thank you so much!

      I am afraid she is becoming somewhat arrogant; recently she said that 'all policemen are stupid', so I had to explain that people might forget or misunderstand something and we should not label them stupid for that.

      Regarding bad Internet experience.... we actually had a stalker several years ago, when I did not keep such a low profile. That was in our 'local' part of the Internet - the Uzbek one - there is a relatively limited circle of people (yes, can you imagine?) and I know the most prominent characters, and I am quite well-known,too. So, I was much more open, and then there was a stalker who kept following me in blogs and forums, writing nasty things about me. Our legislation related to the Internet was not developed enough for me to file a case and be successful, so we had to find him using personal connections after he mentioned the baby in his messages. He was so miserable when apologizing, and was ready to do anything to be forgiven and not to be reported to his management... Since then I do not post much about her, even though here it would be much safer - this blog is not read by Uzbek visitors.

      Delete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...