Monday, September 10, 2012

My Coral Berry Earrings

People keep asking me how I find topics for writing. What is the problem? My life is full of events, adventures and mysteries! 

The first thing I wanted to say to Yelena Turetsky Merener after receiving a small package from Israel was 'Are you crazy? You should not have!...'

You see, the whole affair took her several weeks to complete. First, she cunningly found out what I liked most in her shop. Then she somehow made me give her my street address. And then, just imagine me sitting at home, have not bought anything for a while (well, I have bought some beautiful and mostly useless things, as always, but nothing from Israel), and then I get this parcel! with the coral earrings I so much love! 


Of course my initial reaction was very impolite, and I want to correct myself. When you receive a gift, especially such a lovely one, you are supposed to say thank you.

Dear Lena, thank you so much! This is a wonderful gift, and you really know how to make surprises! I love these earrings, with all their natural imperfections and dents, thin lines and color variations - they look so much like hawthorn or brier berries, or small apples. They are beautiful, and I keep them on the desk beside me to look at and touch from time to time. I love the tiny pearls, too - they are like snow. These remind me of late autumn or winter when leaves are gone, but red berries are still there, on the branches... I love that time, and cold air, smelling of wet earth and fallen leaves... moist wood... my time, when I feel free and young.

Thank you. I love your jewelry, with its organic feel and beautiful textures; both simple pieces like these beloved earrings of mine, and more sophisticated, like a kinetic caterpillar or a turquoise puzzle necklace. They are a pleasure to look at, and my earrings feel wonderful to the touch, too.

...All this made me think of several things, and i created my first 'moodboard' - a collection of images which go together well reflecting my mood. Do not ask me why these.

Featured: 1. 2. 3. 4.

This is my first mood board, and I used PicMonkey. You are most welcome to add links to your own collections you post on your blogs, using the tool below. 
_______________________________________________________________


22 comments:

  1. Love your moodboard! Thank you for including my vintage skeleton key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, and the key is amazing :)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty mood board! I may have to make one of my own sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugenie, thank you so much, I'm really happy you liked my small gift, and I hope you will enjoy it :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the moodboard is very interesting!

      Delete
    2. I do thoroughly enjoy it, and my mom loved the earrings, too!

      Delete
  4. aaaaa - I somehow missed this earring in Lena's shop, but they are stunning! They look so much real. You are lucky to get them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my luck is someone's loss )))) she knew I loved them ))) excellent intelligence!

      Delete
  5. Love these cranberry earrings, they looks like real cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you are right, this is what they look like most of all... Now I need a moss color felted scarf.

      Delete
  6. What a fun surprise! You have a great friend to send you such a lovely gift :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Edi ) Lena is wonderful indeed, I love her and her jewelry...

      Delete
  7. Great mood board! It's so fun to express yourself so creatively! And the earrings are beautiful! What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing, is not she? it is wonderful to have such friends!...

      I am happy you like the board. I have been wanting to make one for a while, but was not sure how to do it. Others often use Mosaic Maker something, but it is too sophisticated for me. One thing I have doubts about is that I have to save people's photos on my PC to use them. But then I notified everyone and said I would remove if they were not happy. But none complained :) so I guess it might be OK in most cases.

      Delete
  8. Your moodboard is gorgeous Eugenie! Thank you so much for sharing my bird photograph! :)

    Beautiful blog!

    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aga! I love your photography and just had to use this picture. So beautiful!

      Delete
  9. Wow! I am speechless! Such a beauty! Thank you for the feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonya, thank you. I love all things berry and was deeply impressed with your scarf.

      Delete
  10. Very beautiful moodboard! So clear and I can even smell a crisp air... And of course fantastic earrings - lucky you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...