Monday, September 17, 2012

Dogs Around Us: Part 1

At last, I got to making that dog collage, judging that I have enough dogs for the first part - and a very beautiful pack they are!

The first one is Jarna, a 4 year old Great Pyrenees Dog owned by Galia Grayevsky (you can find more information here). Jarna and Galia manage a shop called CasaDeGato where they sell beautiful nursing necklaces, crocheted toys and jewelry made of natural materials. Jarna is a real star, with her snow white fur, black eyes and shining smile!

Then (to the right) comes Oli,one of the most beautiful Dalmatians I have ever seen. Oli is owned by beautiful and talented Laura who has a jewelry shop Moags and Smeet offering handcrafted jewelry and also maintains a very interesting blog Creativity Unmasked  on arts, crafts and small business.

The two beautiful Standard Schnauzers Twiggy and Fred live with Lyudmila and own Woolsolution on Etsy; the knitwear offered at the shop is as stylish and unique as these two dogs (halfsiblings, and Fred is a rescue dog).

Then comes Matthias who I love very much. I first found his photo somewhere else and tracked it down to his owner's blog. He looks very much like a working line German Shepherddog, and I am addicted to them. He was found wandering around Birmingham and it is very fortunate that now he lives a happy life with Ari. They own a lovely shop called The Happy Cactus.

Now it is turn of Arwen, Nyxie and Fenway (more about them here). They have a whole shop established specially to support dogs - For Pets Sake, although I met their owner Matt at the Upcycler's Team. I love his shop called Conversation Glass, and especially the new upcycled candle holders.

The lush and lady-like black Cane Corso is owned by the family of Alecia of Arctida. It only seems logical that such a beautiful dog has her own jewelry store; she would look lovely wearing a collar studded with rubies or pearl earrings.

Next one is Daniel of Rinnovato. I am not sure about the breed - he looks like a Labrador, Ridgeback and Pointer at the same time - but he is certainly an amazingly handsome dog. He has a very beautiful face with expressive eyes and a lovely velour coat, and there is no wonder that Marcy loves him so much. They run RinnovatoVintage together - I am sure Marcy would not cope without Daniel's help. And they even have some dog items there. such as this lovely vintage plate.

Edi of Memories for Life Scrapbooks  has a great blog which she maintains expertly and effortlessly, and a shop full of beautiful and unusual custom scrapbooks and other one of a kind gifts. She is helped by Harley the Pomeranian who looks amazingly different in the summer and in the winter.

Olga and her collie Chanya are old friends of mine - I have known Chanya from birth. They live in Atlanta now which is a loss for Uzbekistan and a gain for the US in terms of beauty, intelligence and good manners. You can see more photos here. Olga is a very good photographer, in my view, and if you live close to her you could ask her for a walk.

The last picture is of my beloved Mechelaar (Malinois) Arrack's Home Jagger. I am forever grateful to Marc Peeters for trusting me with this amazing dog - a stunning combination of endless love and tenderness, steel teeth and incredible courage.

...You are welcome to post comments with links to your blogs and FB pages with photos of your pets and information about them. I really enjoy reading about others' dogs and will make more collages to marvel at.

20 comments:

  1. Wow ! I like it ! Thanks for so kind word about us !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, and I am looking forward to seeing more photos!

      Delete
  2. I love,love,love this dog collage and although I haven't met the other dogs yet, I spotted Harley immediately :)
    They are all so beautiful. As you know I'm a huge animal lover!
    have a lovely day,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duni! Harley is very recognizable, that is true )) All the best to you!

      Delete
  3. All of these furbabies are so cute! My little Harley looks so small with all these big doggies :)
    Harley says thanks for sharing his photo and for writing such nice things about his mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send our best regards to Harley, he is so adorable! And his mommy deserves much more praises ))

      Delete
  4. It was so pleasant to read about all this dog! They all are so unique. Thank you for such a great idea of collecting the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, and your dog is incredible!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful post...and doggy collage!!
    My dogs often frequent my blog, too! :)
    One of my favorite recent doggy collages I made for my blog is at:
    http://www.marycnasser.com/2/post/2012/06/the-love-they-give-us.html

    Enjoy!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you! Your collage and its subject are wonderful!

      Delete
  6. I am your newest blog follower, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will follow yours, too - it is very interesting.

      Delete
  7. I love dogs and your collage is great. We have a mini dachshund!

    ReplyDelete

Please say a few words if you feel like it - I will be very happy to read your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...